Axe Immobilier has made 5 commitments to the planet, convictions that continue the efforts made since its creation.
1. RUN RESPONSIBLE WORKSITES.
Because construction waste represents a larger mass than household waste.
For nearly 15 years, Axe Immobilier has asked all the companies responsible for carrying out its projects to commit themselves, through a charter and checks, to limiting their impact as much as possible and to preserving the natural environment and the neighbourhood, by means of four actions that are constantly monitored :
- A. Where the structure is not fully retained, at least 75% of the clearance or demolition waste is recycled and reused, using a comprehensive waste tracking process. This commitment preceded and exceeded sorting requirements.
- B. Our construction sites must control their impact on resource depletion. Companies are responsible for their water and electricity consumption, as well as their carbon impact, which are monitored to raise awareness among all those involved.
- C. We promote the reuse of high-quality materials from demolition and the restoration of existing structures, where such structures can be restored.
- D. For projects carried out in urban areas and / or when the environment is sensitive, we control noise and vibration pollution, even though there are no regulations on this subject. The timetables for the projects in question are agreed with local residents, who are informed of them as part of our " low impact worksite " communication.
During the most sensitive Parisian projects, Axe Immobilier set up a permanent monitoring system using sensors operated by an independent acoustic expert. Real-time alerts have led to corrective action with companies in order to avoid damage and disturbances : certain materials have been banned, acoustic covers have been added, and noisy work has been rescheduled.
22 rue de Calais, the only project in a Haussmann-style Parisian building to benefit from geothermal energy and to be awarded the HQE Exceptional Level certification, with the Effinergie Rénovation certification.
2. DESIGN AND BUILD "LOW CARBON" PROJECTS AND BUILDINGS.
Because demolishing and rebuilding a building consumes as much carbon as 18 years of its use.
Since the 1990s, Axe Immobilier has been aware that the structure and shell of a building represent the most significant part of its carbon footprint. Axe Immobilier has therefore favoured the transformation of existing buildings, including the transformation of offices into residential use (since 1995).
In this way, we limit energy consumption, owing to the conservation of the buildings, the performance of their insulation, and also sustainable, efficient and quality technical installations.
3. WELCOME NATURE IN THE CITY AND IN THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT.
Because a building should not drive out biodiversity, but rather include it.
Axe Immobilier believes that buildings should be integrated into nature, and nourished by the water and earth that surround them. We reduce the consumption of drinking water in our new projects and redevelopments by using rainwater for watering plants.
The de-artificialisation of land is our priority : it results from the greening of terraces and open spaces, as well as from the increase in open land areas, which encourages biodiversity. We also take care to use as many bio-sourced materials as possible, from short supply chains : for example, we have been pioneers in the use of hemp-linen insulation on roofs since 2016.
4. PROTECT THE HEALTH OF OUR CLIENTS.
Because a healthy life starts with a healthy environment, both at home and at work.
Our projects allow the inhabitants of the buildings (residential and offices) to let in natural light everywhere and to breathe, through the multiplication of accessible and planted terraces, rooftops and gardens in the open air.
However, to take into account the fact that indoor pollution is always more important and more harmful than outdoor pollution, Axe Immobilier also designs an air quality plan for its projects, in order to ensure the comfort and health of all, which results in :
- appropriate ventilation systems : filtration levels, position of air inlets and outlets
- materials with low VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions, mostly rated A+, for interior coverings;
- monitoring of air quality during the construction period (protection of materials, removal of pollutants, indoor air quality tests).
5. WORKING FOR A BETTER CITY, WITH ITS RESIDENTS.
Because a temporary occupation is more useful and creative than security companies.
When possible and during the planning stages, Axe Immobilier makes the buildings it acquires available to associations. This temporary occupation is carried out within the framework of an associative partnership, such as with the "Plateau Urbain" cooperative in Montreuil.